Thursday, July 17, 2008

Prologue

Dear readers,

It seems like only yesterday when Michelle signed up for a blog and I thought to myself, "Why? Why do people bother?" Gone are the days when people confide in their diaries, which are locked away, hidden and safe from prying eyes. In our modern age, blogs rule. So again, "Why?" Perhaps it is to establish their identity as individuals who are different from the masses, or to simply express their feelings, thoughts and to share the many perspectives that they have on life with the rest of the world. I'm happy to say that I finally understand. My reason for blogging, after telling myself repeatedly that I will do no such thing, is to allow people access to the true "me". You see, dear readers, I have this feeling in my gut that people who I've met throughout my 18 and a half years of living and even some of my friends, I dare say, do not actually know me for who I am. Heck, some days even I'm not too sure about that myself! I suppose it's a journey of self discovery that will only end the day I expire.

Anyway, a break from all that boring stuff! I've got a mildly-funny story for you. You see, I actually began signing up for a blog late last night. And all of my choices for my blog url were taken and thus unavailable! So I just sat there with my laptop for approximately 3 hours (I kid not) cracking my head, using all of my brain cells to try to think of a kick-ass name that would be remembered and that would make people go, "Ooh, why didn't I think of that first?" I gave up after countless attempts, convinced that fate wasn't allowing me to blog. I checked the time. A powerful force must've been telling me to do so because all of a sudden, "BANG! I GOT IT!" This might sound silly but it was 5 minutes to 3 a.m. so that was how the '5 minutes' came about. Then I just played around a little bit with it and finally, a url that sounded worthy enough was created. However, that was with 'livejournal'. How I ended up with 'blogspot' in the end is an entirely different story.

Blogging seems fun for now. I guess I'm just excited because it's my first time doing it. I warn you though, I may end up like the many bloggers out there who decide to quit blogging entirely after just a few decent entries. I'll let my brain decide.

So if you're interested in getting to know me inside-out as a person, to learn about my likes, dislikes, what gets me smiling to what ticks me off, etc., just read my posts. I'll be nothing but honest! (... if not 90% of the time). It will only take you 5 minutes.

You're the only ones who know.

3 comments:

Eric said...

hmm... i just want to post something so that i can be the first one leaving you a comment! GOod job fiona.. i'll come here everyday! owh... 1 more thing... don't stop half way like i did...

-eric

p/s- fiona: just say "oh fiona! oh i can't think of words to say!" on msn...

Anonymous said...

lol... i actually double checked if it took me 5 minutes to read the post... guess you're true to your word my dear friend =)

I didn't realise how i much miss reading your stuff...haha remember those 'short' speeches??

Anyway, just to tell you i like it... don't forget to address your ultimate thank you wishes to me when you get famous!!

- wanny -

Unknown said...

terangkan hati kamu dalam sanubariku! :)
ahaha i can proudly say that i'm the FIRST to leave a comment in BM!! since eric had the priviledge to be the first to leave you a comment! hahahahahahha