Dear readers,
Today I'm gonna be talking about one of my first real loves. Bet that got your attention, huh? Well, if you're hoping to read about some hot, juicy gossip about me and some boy then you're gonna be disappointed, because today the star of my post is... (drum roll) COFFEE! Your eyes are not deceiving you, that's what I said, coffee.
Coffee is one of the most widely drank beverages in the world, consumed by millions, sometimes several times a day. So what makes this heavenly drink so... hmm... heavenly? To me, it's not the fact that coffee has a high caffeine content because those who know me well enough would know that coffee cannot for the life of me keep me awake! Hell, I can drink 5 cups an hour before I hit the sack and still would be able to sleep as soundly as sleeping beauty. It's the aroma, so strong, so empowering, the pure richness of it's taste that makes it so addictive. To actually understand my love (and possible addiction) to this beverage, we have to go back to how and where it all began.
When I was a kid, my mom would send my sisters and I to spend the weekends at my grandparents' house. We continued this weekly routine until they sadly passed away. So anyway when I was kid (circa 1996), still young, not too bright, cheeky, and in a way fearless, I noticed that my grandma (bless her soul) always drank from a particular mug that somehow would never ever be empty. She would go into the kitchen numerous times a day, take a sip of whatever it was was in that pink, chinese-looking mug of hers, and then return. She never once noticed that her granddaughter was observing her with a little more than childlike-curiosity. So one day, when my grandma was taking a nap, I decided to embark on a quest. A quest to discover what my grandma drank everyday, throughout the day. I crept into the kitchen, removed the lid from atop the mug and peered in... Ooh suspense... Ahem yeah so anyway I look in and I see this brown liquid and I think to myself, "Hmmm... Milo???" The rich and seductive aroma told me a definite, "No." That was it. I was hooked. I remember taking another sniff, and then another and another. And then, finally, I drank. Sigh... After all these years, the memory of that first irresistable taste of coffee still lingers.
That was the day of the beginning of a beautiful friendship between coffee and me. Sadly, I still can't believe I'm actually doing this, but I'm cutting down. Yup, you could say we're "on a break". You see, the reason behind this is, whenever it's time for me to pay a visit to the dentist, I would hear the same old lecture on how I have to cut down on coffee, Coca-Cola (My other real love but that's another story) because it stains your teeth and it's generally unhealthy. I always leave saying, "Yeah ok I'll definitely cut down. Definitely, I promise," after getting a close up look at the state of my teeth. People, I think you know what's coming next. That's right. My promises, broken! After maybe, say, 2 weeks? 3? I end up taking in about 2 cups a day, five days a week or something like that. That's normal for me. But no! Not this time. This time my will-power is charged, full battery, maxed up! I will not succumb to this desire! You heard it here, folks.
You're the only ones who know.
Erm, a little confession to make. I had a cup yesterday but that was it! Just one!
Don't look at me like that. I said I was cutting down. No one said anythiing about quitting ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey... me again(trying to make you feel miserable... only one person come to your blog...) btw... this is sooooo typical fiona... she can spend the whole damn post talking about 'coffee'... so long-winded... i would say... hehe!
-eric
p.s.-i skipped a bit.. since i already knew what i were gonna say... =)
hey!! i left a comment but i was disconnected...so technically i was here first...
You...better not let me catch you consuming too much of the 'brown liquid' my friend...=)
- the infamous coffee cop -
teruk betul budak ini
dah kata jgn minum lagi...
tapi tegar lakukannya..
aaaaha!!!! :)
we want more! we want more!
i knew it... i knew it.. u'll not post more than 2... i knew it... muahahah!!! 13 days since u last posted... ok.. can close down edi lerh...
Post a Comment